- Plan: at 6pm go to Neue Gallerie to see Schiele/Portraits exhibition. Supposedly free because “first Friday of the month”
Reality: October has 31 days! D’oh. Postponed for a week
- Plan: on the way to museum stop by at Apple store and get them geniuses restore the passcode to my Mini Air that I forgot (and can’t open the damn thing now to request a substitution. Catch-22). Should be a 15-min deal.
Reality: Store on 5th ave was a wrong choice. Hordes, mobs, crowds and Apocalypse Now. To get to aforementioned geniuses’ counter you gotta stay in line to set an appointment first. I did – and got a 9:30pm(!) slot. Went to museum (see p.1), was turned out, got 3 empty hrs on my hands…had dinner on UES, walked leisurely down from 86th to 59th, photo-window-shopping (see next post). Came back to A-Store at 9pm, stayed in another line, got to “coordinators” at 9:30pm only to be sent to a “waiting table” for another 40 min. Finally got to a genius-woman named Cynthia and was told that they can not replace forgotten passcode with new one, only return all my settings to 0-default and let me set a new passcode and Apple-ID. And because my ipad lost charge in all those months I couldn’t open it, they will charge it generous 7% enough for 3hrs, within which I have to get home and set up new ID following the link they will send to my email. Don’t ask me why – everything about that damn Apple is Rotten. Naturally, when I did get home (at 11:25pm) and tried to follow their directions in email, the cursed thing was trying to connect to my network hotspot and asking me WiFi password – how the hell do I know? It was set up by a Verizon technician 2yrs ago and he didn’t see fit to share it with me! So: the net result of all this mad activity: nil.
- Plan: get to Brooklyn Botanic Garden at 10am, as they have free admission from 10 to 12.
Reality: Nagging depressing cold rain that started in the night and will be falling unstoppingly for the next 3 days – if I am to believe FF weather plug-in.
- Plan: go to Shred class in my gym: I am right about now recovered from last Saturday’s class, so it’s time rinse & repeat.
Reality: see p.1.
- Plan: get to Brooklyn Museum at 6pm for a Target First Saturday (free admission).
Reality: see p.1
All in all: I blame the weather for staying home and lazing on my comfortable wide sofa all day long, with warm knitting on my lap and bowl of slightly-roasted peanuts at my elbow! Yeah, that’s the real plan for today.